Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What a tough life...

The father of one of my students is a battered husband. Two weeks ago he broke his foot. I keep thinking of Misery. A staff member made a home visit last week and the wife pushed him down in front of her. Interventions were made as a result and today he came to school and withdrew his 3 children (not his wife's children) and took off. He has a home in another town and left with the clothes on his and his children's backs. He said his wife stole his money before she left for work. I'm afraid the wife is going to come to school to dig for information. Several of her children will still go to our school.

I can only imagine what some of my students suffer through in their homes. Some of the things I know about are sad enough. It's what I don't know about that worries me. It's days like this that I believe God has me in this place at this time for a reason. I'm still not sure what the reason is...but...it's His will I'm sure.

No comments: