Thursday, April 10, 2008

You are a Christian?

My nephew has been discriminated against by a neighbor. Why? Because he doesn't go to church on Sunday. Obviously she's never asked him if he's a Christian. This 10 year old boy loves Jesus with all his heart. It is not his choice not to attend church. I'm not going to make excuses for his parents because I can't, but if this woman is a Christian shouldn't she be embracing this child rather than calling other mothers in the neighborhood to let them know that "he" is not allowed in her yard, though she doesn't mind if her son plays with him other places. It seems to me if she is so worried that "he" is a heathen she wouldn't allow her son to play with him at all. She has no idea what she is missing by banning this beautiful child from her "property." I'd love to send he an anonymous letter asking her if this is her shinning example of Christianity. She is yet another "Christian" whom Satan is using to undo all of the work I have done to get my loved ones to know Jesus. This whole situation makes me so angry!

4 comments:

Nate and Brenda said...

Sounds like this neighbor needs some convicting. She needs to know that just because you are NOT in a church building does NOT mean you are not a Christian. I would write her a letter with plenty of bible verses. However I would NOT do it anonymously. This woman needs to be shown the truh. She sounds like she maybe goes to a legalistic church which in turn turns people away from church in the first place.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Oh man, that makes me angry too! Sheesh, it's not like he's old enough to drive himself! I think that anonymous letter is a good idea. Give me her address, I'll write it!

Sharon Goemaere said...

It is tragic that so many"Christians"actually draw others away from Christ by this kind of attitude and behavior.Jesus was not like this...Blessings~Sharon Goemaere

Anonymous said...

It is those people that give Christians a bad name. We go to church on Saturday night sometimes...I wouldn't want someone judging us just because they don't see us going to church on Sunday mornings. Hopefully your nephew will learn a lesson from this lady...on what not to do or how not to act. I'm glad he has you in his life.